Deliciously Ella's Kitchen Counter REVIEW & VIDEO

Brace yourselves: lots of taurus-like talk (meaning drinks & food) is about to begin. 

Deliciously Ella is a famous food blogger and writer. She started writing about healthy eating and cooking in 2012, continued with publishing several books and has now opened her own deli branches in London. I totally admire the way she started with just a blog about her own journey to heal herself by eating healthily, and five years later, she is a successful businesswoman! (she is goals, really)


I've visited a branch called Kitchen Counter (with Musa ❤). It has opened just a week ago, and it was already packed. The atmosphere of the place was amazing. Beautifully decorated. The staff was fabulous. Ok, I know this is a review, so I will try to be objective and not caught up in my infinite admiration for her.



Food quality-wise - there's nothing to discuss. If I could, I'd sneak in the kitchen and steal all the recipes (and cakes). Prices, guys. I understand she is a famous person, she worked hard for this and she can definitely afford to rise the prices, most of us (fans, healthy food eaters, amazing coffee shops worshippers) will be definitely willing to pay for it. The quality of everything was very much above any expectations, you won't find any pseudo-healthy products there, just the real stuff. However, for a student like me, the prices just indicate that visiting the Kitchen Counter is going to be a very very occasional treat. (turmeric latte £3.50, mocha £3.50, banana bread £2.50, piece of Mae cake £3.75) Considering the average prices in places like this across London, it is not anything outrageous. She's got the name, that has to be admitted.

Musa's turmeric latte was delicious. Much better than the mocha that I ordered I must say, although it was made with brown rice milk that I've tried for the first time. Banana bread was great, although I wouldn't mind having two more pieces.

Overall, I loved it. For the atmosphere, for the idea, for the inspiration it gave me. I would have tried more things but my wallet and stomach weren't very supportive of that.

However, one serious minus, my dear Ella - how come you don't make flat whites? I felt heartbroken.

I'd love to hear your opinions on Deliciously Ella! Do you follow her? Have you visited her delis? Would you like to?



Yours sincerely,
broke student admiring Deliciously Ella's journey,
Michaela xx

Comments